Friday, October 21, 2011

OK Sweetheart

 

The first lyric made my ears stand straight up, "California isn’t home, but it’s all I’ve got right now." I have spent 4 years here and I struggle with calling it home versus calling Texas home. Perhaps I have two homes now.

The song is about living in a bunch of different places which is something I can relate too. Erin Austin's (the lead singer) candy soaked vocals add such a great dimension to this song that I instantly played it on repeat all day. It has a old 60's vibe to it that I just want to eat up. There are hints of Regina Spektor and Zooey Dechanel sprinkled through the albums' sound which is probably why I am such a huge fan.The singer is from Tulsa but wrote much of the album in SF and recorded it in Texas with a guy from Midlake (check them out too!). I hope you all love it as much as I do.

Now go get your cupcake and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment